Dues are set as follows:
Senior Player Dues $400
Student Rate Senior Player Dues $300
Social Member Dues $150
To put Senior Player Dues in perspective, consider that the season runs around 30 weeks. That’s $13 a week for two professionally coached training sessions and a refereed game. Try finding a health club boot camp for that price.
Payments can be made by credit card through the online registration system, or by cash or cheque to the club Treasurer. Payment plans are available for those who are unable to pay in full immediately; please contact the club Treasurer to make arrangements.
Players are not eligible for selection to teams until they have paid their dues or made acceptable arrangements for payment in the future.
For players who wish to reduce their dues, the Club is offering a partial rebate on dues for those who participate in the Youth coaching program. Click here for more details on the program. The Club also has a refereeing program, by which players can earn $30 per game for refereeing. If you are interested in learning to referee and making money to help pay your dues, click here to learn about refereeing opportunities.
The Club’s policy for refunds of dues is as follows:
1. Any costs associated with National, Provincial or Sub-Union dues or insurance are non-refundable.
2. The remainder of paid dues may be refunded to players who suffer season ending injuries that are documented by the medical opinion of a physician licensed to practice medicine in the province of British Columbia. Such refunds will be issued on a pro-rated basis according to the number of full games remaining in the regular league season at the time the injury occurred as against the total number of league games in the season. Application for a refund of dues on the ground of season ending injury must be made in writing and delivered to the Treasurer of the Burnaby Lake Rugby Union Football Club.
3. No refunds will be issued for voluntary withdrawal after the player has participated in a league game.
4. No refunds will be issued for games missed due to non-season ending injuries.
5. No refunds will be issued for games not played due to cancellation.
Burnaby Lake Rugby Club has partnered with ITSportsNet to provide online registration to its members. Online registration lets the Club’s volunteers spend more time on rugby and less time on paperwork. The online registration system is hosted on ITSportsNet’s secure server, which means that your personal information will stay private and you are safe paying by credit card.
Before you start registering online, you should read and print the instructions below to guide you through the online registration process.
To access the online registration system, click this link.
Following the link above will take you to an “ITMembersArea” page that asks for an Email and Password. If you have not already created a password, click the Don’t have a login? (SETUP LOGIN) link in the left panel.
If you are a senior player registering yourself, you must supply your own personal information in the “Parent/Guardian” fields, not your parents’ information.
The ITSportsNet system was originally designed for youth sport leagues, and they have not been able to change this part of the system for our use.
Fill out the form that appears with your personal information, then check your email inbox for a confirmation of your login and password.
After you have created a login, use your login information to enter the ITMembersArea. Logging in will take you to the online registration home page. The panel on the left of that page will have three links: Home, Profile and Registration. Starting from that page, follow the steps below to register online.
To start, click the Profile link. This will cause four links to appear below the Profile link:
*edit password, and
Next, click the edit profile link. On the screen that appears, click the Edit Personal Contact Information link, then add your personal information.
* Burnaby Lake Rugby Club – Senior Registration – 20XX/20YY Season
* Burnaby Lake Rugby Club – Age Grade Registration – 20XX/20YY Season
* Burnaby Lake Rugby Club – Mini-rugby Registration – 20XX/20YY Season
Click the Senior Registration link.
If you are not opening a registration link for the first time, you will see on the screen an add/edit registration link. By clicking this link you can complete or change your registration.
The student dues rate is only available to players attending a full-time post-secondary education program for the duration of the playing season. Players who select the student fee must provide proof of student status (print out of course registration or schedule) before they are eligible to play.
After choosing your fee type, click the Done button to proceed.
When you are satisfied with the registration information displayed, click the SELECT PAYMENT OPTION button to continue.
Because BLRC uses ITSportsNet, you can feel safe and secure when providing your personal information:
* All information within the members area is 128-bit encrypted (the same as online banking)
* Credit card information is never stored
* With multiple back-ups, the latest firewall technology and advanced physical security, your data is secure
If you are paying by credit card, fill in the required information and click the CheckOut button once only to make your payment.
No matter what payment option you choose, be sure to print and fill out a Rugby Canada Registration Certificate. This certificate provides insurance, and you cannot play until you return it to the Club Registrar.
When you are finished, click the Print Page link to print your invoice.